Many galleries are housed in buildings where, because of protected building status, age, construction or layout, fixing to the fabric of the building is a problem. Gallery Display System 600 offers the ideal solution, providing a robust display wall that will give many years of reliable service. Gallery Display System 600 is a system of individual movable panels, identical to the System 400 panels, but which are designed to lock securely between floor and a solid ceiling without the need for any fixing points. When not in use, the panels can be unlocked and stored unobtrusively against existing walls.
The panels can be used as stand alone display panels or linked to form continuous display walls and can be used to conceal existing windows, doors or walls which may be in poor condition or not suitable for hanging. For galleries with suspended ceilings, telescopic adjustable restraints are available. Prior to supply Panelock technical staff will carry out a detailed assessment to ensure that the exhibition area is a suitable for the use of this System.
The aluminium framed panels with 12/15mm Medium Density Fibreboard face boards, each contain the unique Panelock mechanism which, at the turn of a removable operating key, lowers castor wheels to the floor and simultaneously enables the retraction of a special seal at the panel head. Using a purpose-designed trolley to ensure safety and stability whilst in motion, the panels can then be relocated to their new display area and, with a reverse turn of the key, be relocked between floor and ceiling. In this way, large areas of exhibition space can be completely reconfigured in a very short space of time using the labour of only two technicians. The integral mechanism also has the ability to flex, allowing the panel to automatically compensate for any building movement, particularly useful in areas of seismic activity.
- Panels can be used as stand alone display panels or linked to form continuous display walls or even create rooms within room.
- Where the panels are to be used with suspended ceiling, telescopic adjustable restraints are available.
- Standard face boards are medium density fibre board (MDF) but any suitable face board can be applied such as slatwall, pinboard or laminates.
- The unique Panelock mechanism within the panel, when operated by a removable key, raises the panel on integral castor wheels for relocation. There is also a purpose designed trolley available to assist with panel relocation.
- Showcases or shelves can be fixed to panels.
- Panelock Gallery Display Systems 600 can be used to conceal existing walls which may be in poor condition and not suitable for hanging. This is especially useful in listed buildings.
- Panelock Gallery Display System 600 is a system of individual display panels that simply lock between floor and ceiling without the need for any fixings.
- The unique mechanism within the panel allows for easy relocation.
- Limitless display configurations can be achieved.
|Panel Framework||Specially extruded section aluminium framework 60mm (2.36”) symmetrical|
|Standard panel : aluminium framed with MDF face boards and finishes to suit requirements||Thickness without skirting: 90mm (3.54”)|
|Thickness with skirting: 100mm (3.9”)|
|Width (standard): 1200mm (48”)|
|Height: to suit project|
|Weight: 26kg/sq.m. (5.33 lbs/sq.ft.)|
|Integral patented retractable undercarriage unit|
|Skirtings (kick plates) if required||100mm (3.94” ) deep aluminium mill finish skirtings or can be manufactured to match building interior|
|Finishes||Matt White Vinyl emulsion or any other finish as may be required|
HM Revenue & Customs Information: Gallery System 600
|Classification of goods in the customs nomenclature||9403208000|
|Date of start of validity||2006/02/13|
HM Revenue & Customs Information: Trolley
|Classification of goods in the customs nomenclature||9427900090|
|Date of start of validity||2006/02/17|